Coming fresh off another movie and entertainment award season, Wiseguy got to thinking about how great Wiseguy pizza and movies go together. Here are some fun movies where pizza makes an appearance, along with some rumored celebrity pizza topping faves and trivia.
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Spicoli (Sean Penn) was not one to play by the rules. During Mr. Hand’s history class, he has a double cheese and sausage pie delivered to his desk.
Wiseguy has a pretty good feeling Spicoli would have liked the Wiseguy – Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives, and red onions.
Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) heads upstairs after a pizza squabble, where the eight-year-old remained when everyone else left for France. Later, he resolves to get a pizza for himself. He keeps his home-alone status on the down-low, by playing an old gangster movie in the background while paying the teenage pizza delivery boy.
If we had to guess we’d say Kevin would probably be as happy with a Wiseguy Cheese Pizza as he is with the one in the movie.
Eat, Pray, Love
Elizabeth Gilbert (Julie Roberts) enjoys a slice of Margherita pizza in Naples before exclaiming that she’s in love with it.
Wiseguy’s Margarita Guy may have Elizabeth Gilbert swooning the same praises with Roma tomatoes, whole-milk Mozzarella, fresh basil, and garlic.
Saturday Night Fever
Tony Manero (John Travolta) struts his stuff as he walks down Brooklyn’s 86th Street, chowing down on two slices of pizza from Lenny’s.
We’re going to go out on a limb here and nominate the Metro Guy as Tony’s pizza go-to. What’s not to like? Spicy marinated chicken, arugula, thinly sliced lemon, Feta, caramelized onions, garlic, and olive oil sauce. He’ll just pop a Certs mint before heading out on the dance floor.
In the opening scene, Angela Bennett (Sandra Bullock) places an order on pizza.net which promises the best pizza in cyberspace! At the time, the notion of ordering a pizza from the comfort of your home seemed a bit unbelievable. Lucky for you the future is here- order your pizza online from Wiseguy Pizza Pie here.
Wiseguy presents the Vegetablarian to miss Angela Bennett. Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, red onions, green peppers, and garlic.
Navin Johnson (Steve Martin) has some good eats in the form of pizza in a cup- claiming it’s the best pizza in a cup ever!
Well, Navin seems like a wild and crazy guy so we’re pretty sure the Fun Guy would be perfect. Loads of mushrooms sautéed in olive oil and garlic, caramelized onions, grated Parmesan, Feta cheese -and served on a plate!
It wouldn’t be a list of pizza scenes in movies without a movie that is about a pizzeria.
Wiseguy likes to think the White Trash Guy would have blown away the customers back then! Ranch dressing, bacon, kettle potato chips, scallions, Parmesan, and Mozzarella.
From boring to a bit crazy- here are some much-talked-about celebs and their pizza prefs:
- Ed Sheeran – French fry and ketchup pizza. Sheeran likes to take a slice of cheese pizza, put some french fries on it, and then cover the entire thing in ketchup.
- Chance the Rapper – Pepperoni Pizza
- Taylor Swift – Margherita Pizza
- Jennifer Lawrence – Chili Pizza. Miss Lawrence takes a slice of standard pizza, puts chili and spaghetti noodles on it, then tops the combo with another slice of pizza.
- The Bicycle Thief (1948) is one of the earliest movies where pizza made its debut as an important extra.
- In 2014 Ellen Degeneres ordered 20 pizzas and had them delivered at the Academy Awards where she preceded to hand them out. We hope that the delivery guy got an award winning tip!
- Mila Kunis received boos from the audience when she appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show after proclaiming she disliked pizza. Obviously, she hasn’t had Wiseguy Pizza Pie…
Find out for yourself why Wiseguy Pizza Pie has our own award-winning Best of Valley pies!